How to Tie a Hunting Stock
1. Place the tie round the neck with the long end passing through the slot. Secure it to the shirt by the front button.
2. Tie a square knot. Take the left end & place it over the shoulder.
3. Take the right end and pass it through the fold.
4.Tighten to leave a smooth looking knot.
5. Cross the ends as illustrated and hold with the second finger of the right hand.
6. Secure at this Point with a plain tiepin. This must lie straight after having secured both ends into the knot.
Most importantly, tying a hunting stock should not be rushed. Always leave yourself plenty of time to do it.
“A well-tied tie is the first serious step in life.”
Oscar Wilde (A Woman of No Importance)